After such a long hiatus I must begin this blog by quoting the great philosopher Eminem:
Jeff is back
Tell a friend
Guess whose back… Guess whose back… Guess whose back
Oh, it has been such a long time since I have written a blog. It feels great to be back in the saddle again. Aerosmith!
Okay… okay I will stop with the musical references.
What have I been doing since my last post you ask? Let me catch my five readers up on what has been happening in my life.
Finishing my creative thesis
Progress on two manuscripts
A graduate lecture
And more work!
That about sums up my time. But enough of what has happened in the past. We must move forward. What lies ahead is what is important, not what is behind. Carpe Diem… or something like that.
The Jeff Schill blog is back and better than ever. I am back to regular posts on life, writing, reading or any other ramblings that may pop into my mind.
In honor of my return I have decided to make a list of things I wish would go on a hiatus much like my blog did. Here we go.
1) Lindsay Lohan – seriously, how many times can one person avoid jail time
2) Emotional Adverbial tags – I said excitedly!
3) Abraham Lincoln – don’t get me wrong I like him as a president. I just don’t need to see him slaying vampires or reenacted by Daniel Day Lewis
4) People who say LOL or OMG during conversation
5) Spinach – I know it is good for me, but no matter how you cook it… it still tastes terrible
6) Justin Bieber ‘s white Lamborghini
7) Cream Cheese – what is it? It is neither cream nor cheese
8) Kim Kardashian – while I’m on the whole Hollywood thing, I might as well throw her into the mix as well
9) Deer Antler Spray – really? Athletes are putting this under their tongue?
10) The real housewives of Atlanta, New York, Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Orange County, Basketball Players, Soccer Players and wherever.
11) Hibiscus shampoo – what is hibiscus anyways?
12) Snow – I am tired of shoveling and scraping my windshield
I feel much better now that I got that out of my system. I promise to make this blog a delightful reprieve from all the things that drive us crazy. Tune in and read… you never know what I will lament on next.