About Me

My photo
MFA in Writing at Vermont College

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Telling a story through Christmas lights

Writing a story is kind of like stringing Christmas lights:


It starts with one bright idea.


That strings together into a tale.



Before beginning to write, I make sure to line up my way so I don’t go adrift.



Once I have my path I am ready to get started.




I begin with one sentence that builds to another and to yet another.



It begins to turn, twist and grow in unexpected ways.

 


And before you know it I am tangled in an evil web that I have spun.

 

Sometimes I manage to come out unscathed and can breathe a sigh of relief.


Sometimes, no matter how hard I try it doesn’t seem to work!



I can't wait until I get to start hanging ornaments on my story!




No comments:

Post a Comment